Saturday, 10 June 2017

Mental Health Mini Zines!

TW self harm

I love zines- they are accessible, free, easy to make and are an artform along with spoken word and fringe theatre that often tells marginalised stories.

I have started making my own about mental health and my experiences of mental illness!

My zine: Silence is NOT Golden 

Page from my zine: Silence is NOT Golden


They document a bit about my experience of life with mental illness. I want to help people understand what it's like to live with a mental health condition or a mental illness.

My zine: Some People Hurt Themselves

Page from my zine: Some People Hurt Themselves

Page from my zine: Some People Hurt Themselves

Telling stories and sharing art is one of the best ways to raise awareness, break the silences and increase empathy for mental illness.

Watch this space for more info about my upcoming projects! I would to love to know what you think of these pictures...tweet me @TalkingAboutBPD.